It means that there are more children now who are living in a home with a father or father-figure in it. This is good news and reason to celebrate, especially on the recently concluded Father’s Day.
There is a lot of positive impact if the father is ever-present in the house with his spouse and their children.
In a study of children who are raised in a home with a father or father-figure, these children tend to be:
- 4x less likely to live in poverty
- 2x less likely to drop out of high school
- 7x less likely to become pregnant before the age of 18
- Less likely to commit crime and be sentenced to prison
All materials on this site are for informational purposes only and are an overview of the topics, done for educational purposes. The information on the site should not be taken as medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or work in place of therapy and medical care. Contact your family doctor/physician for medical advice if you have any questions after having read this site.
Our content is reader-supported, which means that if you click on some of our links that we may earn a commission.
- "Father's Day 2021: Report Reveals major decline in number of U.S. children living in father-absent homes" on lakeconews.com