She saw it in one of her books and just couldn’t get over the idea. So, we packed for a one-night camp in a safe camping site located in the mountain areas.
I say safe because I did a good research on the area. We are not experienced campers so I had to make sure safety is the first and foremost priority.
Overall, it was one of the most fun and memorable getaways my family ever had. The kids never complained and actually loved every moment of it. I think it developed a sense of adventure in them. We had good laughs over s’mores and roasted hotdogs. We packed board games in case they might get bored, and we brought my nine-year-old son’s Star Wars lightsaber for added fun.
Camping is great to strengthen the family bond. It’s a great way to build resilience to kids and boost their creativity. And they get to be closer to nature. We returned home revitalized and happy.
In case you are thinking of camping, just remember to stay on the safe side. Here are top 10 in our tips for safe camping:
- Choose the right camp site and stay updated with the weather.
- Bring purified water and stay hydrated.
- Pack and store food safely.
- Bring sun protection and insect repellants.
- Bring emergency kits and medicines.
- Wear the right clothes.
- Avoid poisonous plants, don’t eat things you see in the woods.
- Don’t forget to bring your camp tools (knife, flashlight, etc). Don’t let the kids play with them.
- Practice campfire safety.
- Always stay together.