With various identities and meanings, each name creates a diverse and divine meaning, which is sure to suit your daughter.
Slavic Given Name Meaning: Russian Girl names
- Stepanida: The unique take on the well known name Stephanie, Stepanida creates a varied version of the name, representing the beautiful and careful “crown garland and prize of honour”. Many similar names and nicknames exist, including the names of Stephanie, Stefania, Steph, Stephy and Serafima. All having slightly different meanings, the name holds much grace and love.
- Nadezhda: Hope is an important virtue and an important aspect of our lives, so why not name your child after the intricate meaning of “filled with hope”. With similar names and nicknames including Nadine and Nadia, the name creates diversity and allows flexibility with naming and lengths. Having hope in our lives is sometimes all we need to pull through, and it’s important to remember this beautiful truth and have it stay with your daughter.
- Angela: Reminded of the angel, with the very similar meaning of “God’s messenger”, so name your baby girl after this wondrous creature and have this gentle and intricate secret stay with her as a part of her identity. With names and nicknames resembling Angela, the names Angelina, Angel and Angelica exist.
- Jekaterina: Have your daughter have the pureness that every person and girl desires with this traditional Russian name of Jekaterina. A slight twist on of the most classic names of Katrina and Katerina. Nicknames and names include Kata, Jekata.
- Galina: A beautiful and royal name signifying the “woman of serenity”, the name Galina creates a sweet and noticeable presence. With a simple shorter alternative, the nickname Gala creates a youthful glance at a powerful woman.
- Klavdiya: With the intricate name Klavdiya, help your daughter feel inspired, and give her the motivation to prove the “feeble woman” wrong with ambition and power. Similar to Gala, Klava creates a uniquely simple and useful nickname for Klavdiya.
- Vera: A quite commonly heard English name, that actually dates back to have Russian roots. The truthful name Vera symbolizes “verify and truth”, with the nicknames of Verushka and Verochka. Honesty is an important part of our world, so why not have your child named with this beauty of truth and serenity, and have it be a part of her identity.
- Yaroslava: Love your daughter like the beginning and “glory of spring” by naming your daughter after this beautiful significance. As flowers bloom and the snow melts away, your child will develop, grow and love. Having this lightness and intricacy be a part of her identity is a beautiful thought. As well as with the powerful nickname of Slava, representing “fame and glory”, the name not only brings the feelings of fame, but also gives her the magnificence and honour of having such a meaningful name.
- Lubov and Lubava: What better way to show your love to your daughter, then by naming her the name of love, Lubov. With the nickname Luba, the name creates endless significance of love and care, representing the true values of family, as well as the importance of family, learned from a young age.
- Zoya: By giving your child life, this name honours this decision of having a daughter and by meaning “Life” itself. Zoya dates back and originates from various names, and holds the most missed part of many people’s life; the fact that they are in fact alive and healthy. Nicknames and the English name being Zoe and Zo, Zoya gives a playful and light feel to such a deep meaning and experience.
Picking a name for your child can sometimes appear to be a stressful task. This shouldn’t be the case! It’s important to understand that any name you choose will already have personal value and depth as it was chosen by you, the parents. While a name creates an identity and maybe even personality, at the end it is still simply a name, and you really can’t go wrong as long as thought and care was put into the process.