Marriage is not for the faint of heart, as they say. It involves a lot of hard work. Let’s see. . .
- There will be a lot arguments with the one you thought would make you happy for the rest of your life.
- You will deal with a lot of conflicts and disagreements, and that’s okay. It’s part of a healthy relationship.
- There will be times you will go to bed angry, and that’s also okay, sometimes you just need to sleep on some issues that won’t die no matter how you talked about it.
- You will get disappointed, but you can’t reason because the more you’re right, the more dissatisfied the other would be.
- You will be annoyed, most of the time, with old habits and beliefs that you can never ever change—and you just have to accept simply because of the fact that the only person you can change is “you”.
- You will continually deal with a lot of issues: trust issues, control issues, communication issues, lack of sexual intimacy issues, money issues, selfishness, infidelity. . . the list goes on.
Sounds exhausting? Yes. Far from the fairy tale that you’ve dreamt of when you were little? That’s expected.
But marriage, as a lifelong commitment to the person you have vowed to share your lifetime with, no matter how hard it gets or how frustrating it could be, it still is bursting with its own quiet magic and beauty that’s better than any fairy tale.